Working in the Yard

Today has been a great day so far.  It all started with all of the kids sleeping in.  That just doesn't happen that often.  It was good to get caught up on sleep too.  I actually feel I am caught up on sleep after the time change.

With the beautiful weather (minus the wind), I decided it was time to get some outdoor projects done.  So, I started by clipping down old growth from last year.  Realizing it would take forever by myself, I called in my very capable children.  They kept clipping and bagging stuff to take to the dump while I mowed the yard.  They were actually great workers and didn't complain!

After a few visits to the dump, we then started working on a corner of our patio that was sinking.  Mackenzie, Megan & Bethany did a great job and I think it will hold up for several years to come.  I was more of the muscle to carry the sand and dump when instructed.  We ended our outside work by planting some new flowers from Glenna. 

I love Spring!

Check back in the next day or so to hear about my trip to Oklahoma to the Thunder game!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48