Windy Day in Kansas

So, if you are not from Kansas, you might have missed out on the joys of the wind the last few days.  People have asked me if Hesston is windier than other cities in Kansas.  I don't know for sure, but I know that where we live (South Meadows), there are no trees to block the wind.  It seems to be be windier than other places I have lived. It was amazing to see what the wind did in our neighborhood--shingles gone, planters moved into the street (not plastic), trash cans blown down the street, etc. 

All of the wind got me to thinking about a truth of God's Word.  In John 3:8 it says,
"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes.  So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
This passage is a teaching about the Holy Spirit.  As I thought about the power of the wind over the last few days, I was reminded of our Sunday School class when we discussed the Holy Spirit as we read through Forgotten God  by Francis Chan.   Do we understand the power of the wind?  How about the Holy Spirit living within us as believers? 

I confess that I was astonished by the wind the last few days.  Unfortunately, I don't always have that same astonishment as I think about the Holy Spirit.  Just like I was amazed at the effects of the wind in my neighborhood, I look forward to seeing the same effects as God's Spirit moves. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48