James Dobson at #d62013

What legacy are you going to leave?

 When God speaks to you, you know it.


Be careful with what you tell God you will or will not do. Saying "no" to God is a dangerous thing to do. Many of the OT patriarchs said "no" to God.

 I learned to pray before I learned to talk.  I imitated the sounds as my parents did their devotions.

When I was 4, as I was listening to my dad preach, I went forward to receive Christ. This was the highlight of my life.

It is a dangerous thing for a young man to be too successful too quickly.

My father was a moral compass and a lighthouse. 

There is nothing more important than the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The culture is at war with your children for their hearts and minds.  It is also at war with your families.

Dobson said this to his son Ryan after Pistol Pete died while playing basketball with him. "I want you to know this. When I die, remember this, I care about what you accomplish in life and how you use your talents.  But there is something more important, I want you to be there (in heaven). A relationship with Christ is the most important thing in life." We must tell our children the truth of the gospel.

Dobson visited his grandfather's grave with his children and they thanked him for the prayers that were prayed when he asked for "four generations of Christians."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48