What I Learned at #d62013

Yesterday, I shared thoughts from the pre-con labs.  Today, I want to focus on what God spoke to me during the D6 Conference on Thursday and Friday.
D6 always does a great job reminding us about the importance of parents passing on faith to their children.  I will continue to prayerfully determine how we can best do this at Hesston MB.
I noticed a strong theme of grace at this year's conference.  Tied in with grace was the importance of our identity in Christ.  For those who know me, I have been teaching often on this topic of identity and grace.  I will continue to be led by the Spirit to share the power that comes in relationship with Jesus Christ.  It is not about our strength, but instead moving from head to heart to hands.
Marriage is key in the area of family ministry.  As couples, we must invest in the relationship. We need to learn best how to deal with our conflict and realize we have an Enemy who hates marriage and will do whatever he can to wreak havoc. We have a great opportunity to impact our communities, nation and world as we equip couples how to have great marriages.  But also to be ready with open arms, when couples are struggling.
Parenting is hard work.  It can be exhausting and difficult at times.  But there is hope because we are not alone.  We need God and we need others.  How can we encourage each other in Hesston on this parenting journey?
As a pastor, I have the great privilege of equipping children, youth, and parents in the faith. This is not come to me so I can train your child spiritually, but instead to give tools and resources that parents can begin at home.  How can this be incorporated into our community groups?  Equip Me Classes will continue to be important, but what is available more consistently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48