Retreat Day

No, I am not talking about retreating from Halloween.  

But instead, I set aside the day today to spend in prayer and planning for the year ahead.  Today, marks the end of my 5th year at Hesston MB Church.  I am looking forward to many more years to come.  So, I use the retreat as a day to pray and listen and read the Word and listen and worship and listen.  Notice the pattern. 

I find that I am so busy during my normal routine, even with morning devotions, to listen much.  Today's retreat gives me that wonderful opportunity.  I had several items to pray specifically about, but I also give a lot of time to go where the Holy Spirit leads.  I love these days as they are an encouragement to me and help me grow as a follower of Jesus.  After today, I have better direction regarding upcoming preaching, summer trips, finances, VBS, Hesston MB, and much more.

I would encourage everyone to take a half day retreat to do the same which brings me to my final thought today:

As I was praying and listening today, I thought it might be fun to lead others through a similar retreat.  Would you be interested?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48