Sabbatical Begins Tomorrow

I am excited and thankful for my sabbatical which begins tomorrow, May 1st and goes through July 31, 2015. I appreciate the opportunity provided to me by my church, Hesston MB.  To me, this is a great blessing and sign of a healthy church as they allow their staff to take time to grow as individuals and leaders.  Below are my tentative plans as shared with the congregation.




Sabbatical 2015

 

Dates: May-July 2015

As I prepare to go on Sabbatical in the summer of 2015, I have been praying about what this time of refreshment, renewal, and relaxation should include.  Here are a few possibilities:

·        Time of prayer & reflection

 
·        Attendance at various churches to observe what their Sunday morning looks like

 

·        Visits to specific churches who are ministering effectively to children, couples and families. Also, interested in what discipleship looks like. Already contacts have been made to churches in Missouri, Tennessee, & Texas.

 

·        Vacation-Extended vacation with the family to Florida

 

·        One-on-one trips with the kids-I would like to allow Molly & Mitchell to go on a 24-48 hour trip with me of their own choosing.

 

·        Guatemala Mission Trip with Mackenzie & Megan

 

·        Resting & Reading

 

·        Other
 
 
Specific Trips & Dates
  • May 5-Travel to St. Louis
  • May 6-Visit with Staff of Peine Ridge Church in St. Louis
  • May 7-8-Visit with Staff of Community Bible Church in Nashville
  • May 9-Travel back to KS
  • May 30-Travel to Dallas
  • June 1-Visit with Staff of Bay Area First Baptist Church in Houston
  • June 3-4-Relax in Galveston at the beach
  • June 6-Meet with Children's Staff at The Village Church in Dallas
  • June 20-21-In Paris, TN with family
  • June 22-26-Disney World with the Family
  • June 27-Beach day with the Family
  • June 28-July 1-International Christian Retail Show in Orlando
  • July 2-3-Travel Back to KS
  • July 9-16-Mission Trip To Guatemala with Megan & Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48

What is D6 Conference?