A Trip to the Zoo at 100 degrees

Yesterday was our church family trip to the Sedgwick County Zoo. It was very hot. I think our van said 100 when we pulled into the zoo parking lot. Our kids were so excited because they had not seen the new tiger exhibit. I thought to myself, "If I had not planned this trip, would I be here?"

Once we got into the zoo, it was a great trip. The best part was there were no crowds. I could walk up to any window and not worry about getting crowded out like my last two trips to the zoo. I could push Molly up to the penguins, reptiles, gorillas, and tigers and she could see clearly. I even made it through the jungle without bumping into anyone.

Despite the heat, our kids had a great time. Everyone was so excited to see the tigers. It is a new exhibit that opened about a month ago. It was a great exhibit and part of it was air conditioned. The tigers were laying around, but we commented that most of the other animals were very active. The penguins did a show for us, birds were walking right in front of us in the jungle, giraffes were eating from impossible to reach trees, the prairie dogs were yelping and fun to watch, and it was just a great day to watch the animals.

Another great part was Molly's reaction. She loves animals. She got so excited at every animal she saw. She would be so excited that she would say, "Grammie or Grandaddy" and point out the animals. She would then say the animal name or its sound and have the biggest smile on her face. Our zoo membership was worth watching her reaction the last few trips to the zoo, but last night seemed to be the most excited she had ever been. For those of you looking for a great family trip with a child around 2, I highly recommend the zoo. The older kids like it too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48