Is it finished for you? Paul Tripp at #liberate2015


I was totally unprepared and unaware of the dangers of daily gospel ministry.

My greatest fear was and is saying "I'm in ministry, but I am bit of a mess.

It took me a long time to realize this and a war to live this: unless your ministry is firmly rooted in finished work of Christ, it will be uprooted by some form of ministry dysfunction.

1 Timothy 1:12-15

We can be comfortable with, "I once was but now I __________"

Jesus came to save people like me!

This is not just a confession of past iniquity.  It (Jesus came to save sinners) is a message that I desperately need right now. I have not arrived.

Your weakness is not in the way of vibrant gospel ministry. Your delusion of strengths are.

1 Timothy 1:16-Grace never runs out, never gives up, never turns it back & walks away. It's grace upon grace upon grace.

I can still shop horizontally for what I already have vertically.

How much of your ministry is driven by fear not faith?

If your ministry isn't rooted and re-rooted in finished work of Jesus, our ministry will include nasty dysfunction.

I welcome you into the rest of the finished work of Jesus. We need to run away from false saviors and run to the Savior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon Notes-"Transitional Thoughts"

Sermon Notes "Plans" based on Acts 10:24-48